How do I buy a vehicle?
- Contact us if you have found a vehicle you would like to buy.
- We agree on pricing and transport.
- We reserve the vehicle for you and you make a down payment.
- Make the rest of the payment. We arrange the registration and all paperwork.
- We prepare the truck for transport and ship it to you.
- Your truck arrives at the port for you to pick up!
Can you handle shipping to port of Lagos?
Yes, we can ship the vehicle(s) you have purchased to any destination in the world, including the port of Lagos. We arrange transportation to a Dutch or Belgian seaport. From there, your vehicle is shipped to the the port of Lagos by an international cargo shipping company. We’ll take care of all the paperwork and will get you the best price for transport.
If you buy several semi-trailers, we can stack the vehicles for you. In this case, several trailers are stacked in such a way they only take up the place of one. This saves you space and shipping costs. Want to know more about the shipping rates for a vehicle of have more information about stacking? Give us a call: +31 (0)183 668 222.
What are the costs for transport to Nigeria?
Transporting your trucks to Nigeria is a two-step process.
- Transport arranged by Kleyn Trucks to a Dutch or Belgian harbour.
- Transport by the shipping company to different harbours worldwide, like Lagos.
The estimated transport costs includes insurance and all paperwork. The advantage of this way of transport is that you are not charged for insurance and export registration plates for the trajectory from Kleyn Trucks to the harbour in The Netherlands or Belgium.
The total costs for transport depend on the size of vehicle(s) you want to transport, the current oil prices and the company you use for shipping. Need an exact quote? Give us a call at +31 0183 668 222 or contact us here.
Do I have to pay VAT when I buy a vehicle from Kleyn?
Most of our customers do not have to pay VAT (BTW). You do not have to pay VAT if you are domiciled in an EU member state outside the Netherlands and you have a valid VAT number. Transactions of this nature are intra-community supplies. In the case of Dutch customers, we have to charge 21% VAT (BTW). Business customers can, of course, reclaim the VAT (BTW) paid.
What are my payment options?
Can I Pay with a Letter of Credit?
Yes, we accept a confirmed irrevocable L/C as payment. Your bank will transfer the amount when we can prove that the vehicles you have purchased have been shipped. This method offers you even greater security.
What is a letter of credit? (LC)
A letter of credit is a promise of payment. A bank issues letters of credit as a way to ensure sellers that they will get paid when they keep to their agreement.
Why do you chose Letter of Credit as a payment method?
The use of a letter of credit gives you certain advantages:
- Assurance that goods will be delivered when payment will be done and vice versa.
- Assurance that no payment will be made until the required documents are checked and agreed.
- The opportunity to have extended or stretched out payment terms and interest that match accordingly.
- The opportunity to have an arrangement in which a debt does not have to be repaid until sometime in the future. This is called deferred payment.
Involved parties in the L / C.
- The applicant: The person who opens the credit. In this case, you, the buyer of a vehicle.
- The Issuing bank: The bank where the credit is opened and that promises to pay.
- The beneficiary: The seller or ultimate recipient of funds. In this case, us, where you buy the vehicle.
- The confirming and advising bank : The Rabobank, which checks and uses the letter of credit.
Open a Letter of Credit right away!
Please use the following information to open a letter of credit and the truck you want. SWIFT/BIC: RABONL2U
PDF document for opening L/C :
Word document for opening L/C: